Breakfast in a bag-Omelet!
an omelet cooked perfectly in a bag! An easy quick breakfast option, and tasty too!
- Zip n' Steam quart ziploc bag
- 2 eggs
- cheese-enough for liking
- any other desired ingredients (has browns, meat(s), onions, peppers,etc)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a bag, seal, and mix by "squishing" bag!
- Squeeze out any remaining air and re-seal.
- Put bag in boiling water for approximately 13 min, cooking time may be extended depending on additional ingredients.
- When eggs appear done, remove and enjoy
- Limit 2 eggs per bag
- If you use older eggs, they will turn green-then add some ham and you'll have green eggs and ham! :)
The Rustic Pear http://188.8.131.52/~therusu9/
Breakfast in a bag?? Sounds interesting with a side of gross, but I made myself try this one! And it was amazingly great! This recipe came from the “Breakfast at Eight” cookbook that a group of girls from church put together for a donation to the benefit auction for our nursing home. I did not have a “heat and steam” bag that you are supposed to use, but I just used a regular ziplock and held it in the boiling water so the bag wouldn’t touch the sides of the hot pan. It made a super easy-super yummy-and healthy breakfast! Sadly I can’t even make a regular omelet in a pan, so this is a great go to!